WESTMINSTER, Colo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. (BMS), a premier provider of mobile and desktop printers, announces the newest addition to its groundbreaking suite of products for industrial labeling applications. The new TD-4 Desktop Thermal Transfer Printer Series provides clearly readable, long lasting labels needed to address the challenges of identifying and tracking items in a warehouse and across every step of the manufacturing process.
The newest addition to our suite of products for industrial labeling applications is now available!. The TD-4 Desktop Thermal Transfer Printer Series – a solution that can handle nearly every labeling application needed in industrial environments.Tweet this
Auto ID labeling plays a more important role than ever across today’s manufacturing supply chain. Thermal transfer labels are used on the factory floor for tagging sourced components when they arrive at the plant, to parts areas where shelves, bin boxes and tool cribs must be labeled to ensure speedy pick operations or for tools and asset management. During production, barcode label systems identify and track items as they move through a facility or assembly line. And in the warehouse, they are used to mark racks, shelves, bins and to identify finished goods for fast, accurate routing and traceability as they are packaged or shipped for delivery across the supply chain.
Beyond manufacturing and industrial applications, smart labeling solutions with superior readability and versatility are in demand for omnichannel retail, transportation and warehouse applications, and across a growing variety of commercial and industrial markets.
The Industry Standard in Thermal Transfer Technology
According to Ravi Panjwani, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, “Brother has been recognized as a global innovator in thermal transfer labeling since pioneering it’s on-demand thermal transfer print and laminating technology over 25 years ago – a technology that sets the standard still today. With the addition of the 4” thermal transfer desktop label printer to the popular TD, PT and P-touch EDGE series of high-performing printers, Brother has a solution that can handle nearly every labeling application needed in industrial environments.”
He continued, “Our reliable, versatile thermal transfer, and direct thermal labeling solutions are engineered to enhance agility and flexibility to meet accelerating demand in today’s intensely competitive marketplace.”
These precision-built barcode label printers deliver optimum levels of performance and quality and offer seamless integration at an exceptional value. They incorporate reliable, hassle-free thermal printing technology and a wide selection of thermal media, including premium paper, polypropylene, and polyester labels paired with a variety of ink ribbon options.
Snapshot of features and functionality:
- Performance and Cost – Combines faster print speeds, easier integrations and industry’s best warranty that delivers great performance with the lowest costs for optimum value.
- Integration – Compatible with popular WMS, MRP/ERP and label design software applications, including Brother P-touch Editor. In addition, the printers come with ZPL II®, EPL2 and DPL emulations, along with FBPL for custom Basic programming that helps with drop-in solutions.
- Reliability – Printers are covered under an industry leading 2-year premier limited warranty, that includes the print head and platen roller, no matter the amount of media printed.
- Media – Compatible with a variety of ink ribbon and media type combinations, including both thermal transfer and direct thermal media for mixed deployments.
- Versatility – Print using roll or fanfold media. Printing mechanism is fully encased for use in kiosks or in harsh environments. Compatible with larger 300m long ink ribbons and 8” OD media with optional external roll holder accessory to share common media with industrial tabletop printers.
- Connectivity – Models come standard with Ethernet LAN, USB, host USB and RS232C serial interfaces help prints from virtually any Windows, Mac and Linux computers, including other computing devices like a PLC that are commonly used in manufacturing.
- Usability – Simple to understand 1 button/1 multicolor LED control panel and spindle-less, media loading design with spring loaded guides and adjustable open-and-lock position offers true drop-in and faster media roll loading experience.
- Complete Printing Solution – Comes with intuitive and easy to use BarTender® UltraLite label design/print-software application for designing, WYSIWYG previewing and printing custom media for virtually any application.
For more information about the new Brother TD 4” Desktop Thermal Printers, please visit www.BrotherMobileSolutions.com/thermal
Original Source: www.businesswire.com