When you need a label that can withstand the harsh elements, a c is probably your best option.
Polycarbonate is a group of thermoplastic polymers. These polymers are easy to work with. They are easy to mold and thermoformed. These plastics have a variety of industrial uses.
Get Your Own Printed Polycarbonate Labels
Polycarbonate, also known as Lexan, is a durable transparent film avialable with either a gloss (highly polished), velvet or matt finish which is ideal for producing durable, long lasting labels. Polycarbonate labels (Lexan Labels) are a popular choice amongst engineers because they are hardy, high end labels designed for industrial use.
• Hard wearing material which is resistant to abrasions
• Can be reverse printed (so that the print if fully protected)
• Water resistant
• Heat resistant up to temperatures of 147°C
• Ideal for applications requiring transparency
• Windows or LED displays can be included
• Can be cut to virtually any shape (eg a keypad membrane)
There are many different kinds of polycarbonate labels that industries use today. There are barcode labels, warning labels, safety labels, danger labels, hazardous labels, bio-hazard labels, logo labels, product identification labels, inventory labels, asset tags, tamper-proof labels, instruction labels and quality-control labels.
- Great optical clarity or clearness
- Mechanical strength
- Easily printable
- Low moisture absorption
- Puncture resistance
- Heat resistant
- Dimensionally stable
- Good chemical resistance
- Good abrasion and mar resistance
- Good dielectric properties
- Wide thermal stability range
- Excellent color reproduction
- Easily embossed
- Clean edges when die cut
- Various finishes hide scratches well
- Medical grades available which meet FDA regulations
- Anti-Fog available
- Outdoor versions which provide UV resistance and resist yellowing
- Hard coat available which improves the materials ability to resist abrasion
- Superior as an insulator
- Flame retardant versions are available, recognized by UL, which help insulate against heat and are RoHS, REACH, and WEEE 2006 compliant. Provide heat and dielectric shielding.
- Non-halogenated versions which do not contain chlorine or bromine are available
Many textures are available including (Front Texture listed first/Back or Printed Texture listed second):
- Polished/Fine Matte